We had a call a few days ago from Cornwall Business forum to ask whether we would like to get involved in two videos. Cornwall business forum work with local businesses to help promote them and Cornwall overall.
The videos were:
1. To promote Looe, Cornwall and the tourism industry. This was largely because Looe has suffered with bad press lately with the flooding during the winter and the affects of the storms on its roads etc. A fellow B&B owner in Cornwall described the press coverage as displaying Cornwall as 'closed for business' which I felt described it perfectly.
We really wanted to get involved in promoting our beautiful area and what Looe really has to offer for its tourists.
2. The second video would be to promote us as Dovers House Bed and Breakfast Cornwall. The video was something we would be able to display on our website www.dovershouse.co.uk as well as use in Social Media such as our Facebook pages and Twitter pages.
They certainly picked a stunning day; Looe really looked at its best and our B&B was sparkling after the preparations we had made in the garden for the filiming our our new venture. We were really pleased to take out some of our garden furniture and really showcase our Bed and Breakfast with a difference; as B&B's in Looe often don't have to ample garden and parking space that we have here.
The filiming took place in all Guest areas of the house; all the rooms were filmed and we showcased what we had to offer. The breakfast room was aglow on such a sunny day which hopefully showed up well on Camera.
There was a short interview which was very nerve wracking. I was nominated as the interviewee while Dad watched and laughed from inside the house!
The questions really got me thinking about what a stunning area we live in and how ecclectic it really is.
I had to think about what makes Looe Cornwall particularly special?
I didn't really know where to begin as there is just so much Looe has to offer - its diverse in so many ways: its food, entertainment and its accommodation. I concentrated on the activities that could be enjoyed such as the Beach, amusements, pubs, cafes, national trust properties, walks along the beautiful coastline. I could of gone on forever, as I really have fallen head over heels for Looe!!
I also had to talk a bit about Dovers House, our background, and what we have to offer as a Looe Bed and Breakfast.
Again, I didn't know where to start, but I spoke about how we are the proud new owners of our Looe B&B and that we have only been here a few short weeks but are extremely excited about the season ahead.
I had to think about what we offer our Guests, but unfortunately could not fit in everything I wanted to say about our breakfast menu, our rooms and our facilities; hopefully I said enough for people to want to visit us here though.
If I could of done the interview again, I think I would of tried to get across the totally relaxed feel we try and provide our Guests, highlight that we are just outside the hustle and bustle of Looe for those wanting a tranquil escape, and emphasise just how special we are with our parking facilities, access to public transport and our beautiful gardens. They do say a picture paints a thousand words though so hopefully the filming would of picked that up!!
So there was the run down of our exciting bit of Friday for those who were interested.
I just hope the hard work that Cornwall business forum is doing really hopes promote businesses and tourism in Looe Cornwall and intrigues people to visit us here at Dovers House Bed and Breakfast Looe.
:) Hope your business adventure takes off and becomes a huge success.xxx (Carole Wheeler)
ReplyDelete